Qualifications Master’s Degree
- Provides psychiatric health services, education, counseling and emotional support.
- Refers patients for inpatient care, in collaboration with the psychiatrist, as necessary.
- Issues medication prescriptions in accordance with treatment guidelines.
- Orders laboratory tests, interprets and explains the test results to patients.
- Provides patient education regarding medications, risks, benefits and reasonable outcome expectations.
- Communicates with patients and engages in follow-up as necessary.